Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper removal hints?

Hi everyone,
    I need to remove my front bumper in order to better access the crossmember. My shop manual has a nice exploded picture, but still not clear on something...did a search but didn't find the answer I need.
    There are 3 nuts on each side, right?.... accessed through each wheel well? And, they are Nuts, not bolts, so I can use a nut-splitter or just cut them off if I need to? I have a feeling they are rusted beyond belief, since it's a PA car, near 21 years old. Any visual clues and hints on how to get it off are appreciated. Thanks!
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Yeah just nuts. They wont be rusted that bad you should be able to get them off.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If your taking the bumper off with the bumper skin still on there are a few additional pieces you will have to remove. (one screw on the bumper skin above each tire going into the fenders, and the bumper support pieces.

Comment

You'll also have to disconnect the turn lights....
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

both above are correct. i just removed a whole front bumper assembly from a mazda 323 last weekend and had to do most of the above steps. it came out as one whole unit.

Comment

Working...
          X