1995 Aspire M/T Cold Engine Bog, Lean AFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Aspire M/T Cold Engine Bog, Lean AFR

1995 Aspire Stock B3, Bogs under accel when cold, seems to not be as bad when warm, sunpro afr gauge shows lean when occuring, sensor is warmed and functioning. stock exhaust mani, stock Downpipe, catless 2/4 exhaust. pinpoint tested maf seems to be in spec altho shop manual is vague. voltage drop tested maf wiring to pcm, ok, voltage droped tps wiring to pcm ok, pinpoint tested iat and ect, in spec and change with heat applied, voltage droped iat ect wiring, ok. cleaned maf, new motorcraft filter. checked vacuum lines, all the ones i saw held vacuum. new fpr, was leaking passed diaphragm. new o2. , inspected disty cap and rotor, no carbon tracking, motorcraft plugs wires and cap and rotor done @ 45k miles vehicle has, 65k miles. still seems to bog slightly when warmed up under a harder accel. Dirty tps, flaky maf, no back pressure issue?
    Tim
    '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
    '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
    '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
    '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
    '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
    '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
    '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
    '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

low fuel line pressure, or possibly the injectors aren't cycling long enough (pulse width).
    another possible: check that your IAC is cycling properly (it should move when bliping the throtle). also verify your timing (cam and ignition).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks for your fast response. left out that i did check the timing, it was spot on and advanced when the throttle was opened. drove around with my fuel pressure gauge on it for a couple days taped to the windshield, seemed to hover around the 25-30 area depending on load and throttle angle didnt seem to bleed down to fast. was going to pull the pump out and check the screen just because. I'll check the iac and the injector pulse width. can that be done with the noid lights. i dont have too much experiance with drivability yet. also new fuel filter in spring, motorcraft..
      Last edited by Aspire SVT; 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM.
      Tim

Previous Vehicles

Comment

the 25-30 range is a little low for the aspire, it should idle @ 32psi and increase to about 35 with some load and RPM. pump may be going weak but it's an easy fix.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Iac seems to be moving although it wont stay running when i take the inlet hose off of it. it is possible it is sticking though because i do occasionally get a high idle @ around 13-1400 rpm. the high idle doesnt seem to occur previous to the bog issue but could possibly explain it. i put my fuel pressure gauge back on after i added a bleed valve to it (didnt have one to bleed out the air when installed) it idles at 26-27 psi, cruises around 27-32 dependent on speed load and gear. it goes up to around 33-35 when i did a pull from 30 mph in fourth gear just see if the regulator is. im going to leave it on it for a bit. im going to install my vacuum gauge on it as well as a supplement to watch the vacuum to the fpr. still have to check the tps. also ran some seafoam thru it about a month ago thru the fuel and intake.
          Tim

Previous Vehicles

Comment

Working...
          X