Brake lines/fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines/fittings

I'm going to be redoing the hard metal lines on a friends '91. I've been searching around on here and saw mention of them being metric. How close to being 3/16ths are they(as IIRC thats all AZ has). I had a Probe that had the same problem (rotted lines) and all I did was do some light sanding on the od of the tubing to get the fitting to go. Also Do these use the "bubble" or regular double flare?

TIA, Eric

4mm is very, very close to 3/16 (4.7mm), and is an acceptable replacement. The festiva uses conventional double 45 deg flares, not ISO.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

JIm, thanks! Yeah the size was real close. When I had a fitting that was a bit too snug like I said I just lightly sanded it where I was going to use it and went from there. Right on for the flare too. I tried 1 time to do that damn ISO flare. What a PITA! I'm sure I'll have more ?'s as I do this!

Thanks Again, Eric

Comment

Okay, today I was checking this out in prep for the reline job. There is a distribution block on the firewall just below the M/C, my friend had done some work on it already. There is a line missing coming out of the very top of this block. Where does it go? Or better yet does anybody have a link/pics for the lines?

TIA, Eric

Comment

brake lines

I am changing lines now as well. The bottom line is the drivers rear and the two front lines are fluid in. I can look about the top tonight. Anyone know how to unsnap the plastic white line holders on the firewall?
          Snag

Comment

Working...
          X