timing mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing mark

I can't seem to find the mark on the crank pulley for adjusting the timing. Is it painted on or is it a notch. Is there a way to make a new one? Maybe use a bolt on the pulley or that little knob that lines up the pulley the right way as a reference point?

Also, anyone have a best method to removing the crank bolt. it's on there pretty tight. It think I read in the manual to wedge a piece of wood in the flywheel. I got an oil leak and I believe it's coming from the front crank seal.

In a fit of utter brilliance KIA/Ford/Mazda eliminated the timing mark in mid 1989... you will need to find TDC on #1 by hand rotating the crank and feeling through the spark plug hole with a long object... try this in forward and in reverse noting with a chalk/paint mark on the harmonic balancer when the piston first moves away from TDC and split the difference to find true TDC.

As for removing the harmonic balancer I'd use a harmonic balancer puller... to remove the bolt you will have to wedge some steel through the balancer so it can't turn.

Comment

Working...
    X