What's this called??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this called??????

Hello all i wanted to see if someone could posibly help me out and tell me the name of a certain part on my 89 carb festiva? Well first off i just got my air back to working and i tinted my windows with 20% tint to help out a bit more. So next im going to find me a condensor fan to help out a bit more. Now my question is when you turn on the air the car is suppose to idle up a bit automaticly by that deal located on the back left side of the carb. what is that called? Mine will idle up but will not idle down until i push it down with my hand. i cant seam to figure out why! So if any one has any advice on this i sure would be greatfull! Thanks!!!!!!!
    FF-89

Sounds like a sticking choke.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

it's your load solenoid, it forces the idle up to 1100 rpm to compensate for electrical or physical loads on the engine. there's a solenoid pack on the firewall that activates this as it's a vac actuated solenoid. more likely what is happening is it's setting your warm idle step on your linkage due to light binding, lubricate heavily.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys i will look into it and see what i come up with!
        FF-89

Comment

Working...
        X