Dang seatbelts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang seatbelts!

1] So, I found that I was missing a fuse for the seatbelts under the wheel, so I put in a 30 bridged fuse and lone behold! Nothing... I dont get it, these seatbelts worked perfectly fine a couple years ago. I need some info cuz its really bugging me guys.

2] OOOH! and I almost forgot... got the windshield repaired! Woot!

3] I have been hearing some clicking noises in my engine as well, my friend quickly said it was the lifter, so if you guys would care to explain where that is and how I can fix it that would be amazing!

ps sorry if i didnt post it right... just had lots come to mind! :p

Sorry no help on the belts. But the lifter requires removing the valve cover then the rocker arm shafts and cleanng the individual lifters themselves. I would try some sea-foam or comparable product first.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thx but I need those dang questions answered!

Comment

1)Could be the motors have froze up and are shot. Does your dome light come on? If it doesnt then maybe the door switch has gone bad.
        2) Is that a question?
        3)Try running some seafoam in your oil for a short period of time(maybe half a can and run it til the engine warms up). Then change your oil. Could have some trash thats causing a lifter to stick.

Next time try actually phrasing your questions in the form of questions and you might get an answer. Even though eurotiva did answer the one about the ticking.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

(door light switches have nothing to do with the passive restraint system)

1 there is a micro switch in the door latch in the front doors, the is a control box under the drivers seat and there is the track motor in the B pillar

2 good for you

3 the lifters are in your rocker arms, to replace them TRY SEARCHING "HLA" in above tool bar

I am the original

Comment

Ok, where is the switch located? motors should be perfect cond.

Comment

Originally posted by xX FALCON 4 Xx View Post
              ... motors should be perfect cond.
              Should be, YES. Are they? Not likely both would go bad in the same period of time though.

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj View Post

1 there is a micro switch in the door latch IN the front doors,

see i am quoting myself

read carefully

I am the original

Comment

ok, but i meant details like what it looks like and how do i fix that??

Comment

Never owned one of them fancy Festivas with the hang 'em high seatbelts, so afraid I'm not going to be much help. Here's a thread that might help.

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Congrats on the windsheild!!

Try the Seafoam, see how it goes. Make sure you're doing proper maint. on your engine. Report back, please, and let us know if the Seafoam helps.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                    X