1994 Aspire Clutch Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Aspire Clutch Change

Can someone let me know if I have to lift the engine or Tranny to change the Clutch or can this be done in the car?

havnt heard of any vehicle that is able to swap clutches with the motor and tranny bolted togather. i dont have an aspire but if you can pull the motor itself it should be a lot easier than pulling them both
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

support engine from topside, pull cv shafts, drop engine sub-frame, disconnect shifter and accessories, drop transaxle- do clutch- then reverse---------------------in a nutshell-----------

Comment

how long should it take to do the replacement?

Comment

Depends on how good you are. When I did mine, a buddy helped me(who has done this many times) and the total amount of time that we spent on the car was about 2.5 hours. We had to wait another 2 hours for the flywheel to be resurfaced.

If this is your first clutch replacement, I'd guess 5-6 hours if everything goes well.

Comment

really? it looks soooo much easier than that....

I've replaced the clutch on my 96 VW GTI VR6 ....THAT was a bitch ...8hrs

Comment

It's just a guess. If you've done clutches before, it probably won't take you all that long.

Comment

Working...
              X