Headers/dual exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers/dual exhaust

Could not find a thread so here goes, Headers. Is it worth it. I'm reading about lost compression so it does not sound to good but I would like to run a small diameter dual exhaust. Does any one make a dual header for this size motor. And I'm also reading about removing the cat converter. What's that about and would I have to run two of them with a dual exhaust. I've made headers out of old exhaust manifolds via cut, plug & polish but that was with old slant sixes out of dodges.

Any useful replies are appreciated.

I think dual exhaust would kill you back pressure and you would lose massive amounts of torque.

Comment

Thanks. Seems like most everything I've read leans away from too much flow. Can a stock manifold just be polished to achieve a similar desired affect or are a good set of headers worth the money if I'm not into racing. I've put headers on almost everything I've owned.

Comment

so you can port the manifold and ill run better or what
        i love toyota and vw

Comment

You might be able to find a better manifold at the junkyard on a Mazda... it would definitely be better than spending hour after hour grinding steel... I wouldn't increase the exhaust diameter too much or you will lose exhaust velocity and scavenge leading to a torque loss at the speeds you drive at most... dual exhaust would be a BAD idea...

Comment

Thanks for that info. I am told more times than not that Mazda parts swap onto a Festiva no prob. What is the year span I can scavenge from, 91-?.

Comment

Working...
            X