Interior light/ rear jet washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior light/ rear jet washer

Hello my interior light only works when I open the passenger door, why doesn't it work on the drivers side?

and my rear jet washer doesn't work but both of the front one's do

At the bottom of the 'B pillar' in both door openings there are black plastic pin switches, they like to seize and rot.

If they are not gone too far you can free them up with liquid wrench, or WD40, don't even think of trying to undo the screws, they'll break off fur sure!
    Ice Racing is Still a Black art!
    1989 B6 Twin Webber Stud racer (mine)
    1990 B3 Stock Auto racer Welded diff (daughters)
    1991 B3 Stock Rubber class racer (wifeys)
    1993 B6 mustang embarrassing road car (mine)
    1992 B3 Parts car
    Assorted 323's

Comment

sorry, don't mean to steal your topic, but is there a way to turn the interior light on without opening the door lol?

Comment

The 3 position switch on the light itself.. on, off and door.

Comment

..looks like another trip to the wrecking yard for me, that "switch" is busted so its just a slot in the lens cover on mine, thanks for the help

Comment

well if your getting one, look in a 323/protege for one with maplights.. easy mod and much better than the stock Festiva version...

Comment

And while poking around in the 323, swipe the intermittent wiper setup and some chrome door handles and window cranks! :wink:

Regards,

Tim
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

:twisted: finally intermittent wipers lol, the donor car i plan on using for my motor swap is a 1990 323, the light ill be getting for sure, hopefully ill be able to grab the wiper setup..what all will i need to get though to do this swap?is it fairly easy?i plan on going tonight to get my downpipe and manifold for my car....a mint manifold and downpipe for 35 cdn right to the cat, a new downpipe alone is 155, so ill try to get the wiper stuff and light too

Comment

All you need for the wipers is the stalk and the box thingy that the stalk is connected to.

Removing the box is a bit awkward b/c the screws are facing the instrument cluster and you only have a few inches to work with.

Regards,

Tim
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

yeah those little light switches are crap, they rust up and then you have to take them apart to sand down the contact point. that will last ya for a couple of months. when i get around to it i'm going to replace the switches with some out of a 90's s13 (240 sx) they have a nice rubber boot covering the whole piece to keep moisture out.
                    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
                    X