Automatic seatbelt works 10% of the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic seatbelt works 10% of the time

Anyone else have automatic belts that don't work? Mine drivers side one works... like 10% of the time.

It seems that something isn't registering for the belt to go forward when the door is opened. The door sensor does work, as the buzzer goes off.

Once the belt IS forward, when the car is started, the belt always goes back.

Anyone have ideas? I've always taken the belts out for manual belts or harnesses... But will probably leave these stock.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Mine does the same I figured it out..the stop sensor is culprit..

Comment

Where is the stop sensor at? And what did you do to fix it?

I read that it could be part of the switch that is in the door itself. But don't know the details of all that either. I guess I've got to pull the door apart and look at it.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I'm glad Canada never got automatic belts :lol:

hope you find the problem Simon

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It is in the motor assembly..I have not had the time to fix it..The door switch can also be a problem I'm off tomorrow.. so I will look on my parts car..

Comment

My automatic seat belts lasted exactly one day before I replaced them with manual belts. Best $99 I ever spent.
            Thirdman
            1992 White Festiva L - original owner
            1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

I don't mind the automatic belts... As long as they WORK!

I guess if nothing else, I'll take a day at the junkyard and find an 88/89 and do the swap again.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Got the problem fixed today... Swapped in some belts from an 88 on Sunday. Got everything from the junkyard (the belts, center belts, center ebrake console and the rear panels for $18.

I grabbed a headliner that I need to install yet, but am not in too much of a hurry.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                X