fuse issue-need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse issue-need help!!

my fuse keeps blowing.the one for my turn signals and gauges.as soon as i replace it and turn ignition on, POP! it goes .i tried checking for any touching wires didnt see any.any suggestions, or were i should look for connections? my inspection runs out this month so i have to fix this asap!!
    this is in my festiva.

What you have is a short somewhere. From what you describe, it sounds like one of the constant power wires on that particular fuse. I'd check those first and then the grounds. If you've had the gauge pod out, you could have scrapped away just enough of the wire insulation to prematurely ground on some metal behind the dash, causing the short.
    -Caleb
    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
      What you have is a short somewhere. From what you describe, it sounds like one of the constant power wires on that particular fuse. I'd check those first and then the grounds. If you've had the gauge pod out, you could have scrapped away just enough of the wire insulation to prematurely ground on some metal behind the dash, causing the short.
      i will check it out today,i did have it out but thats been a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
      X