f wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f wheel bearing

hey all. quick question here. just replaced worn right C.A. but the wheel still has play. mechanic i took it to says its the bearing. is that possible? from the sounds of it i might need sway bar bushings tie rod work etc. got the high speed shakes. cheers
    light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.
    light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.:faroah:

Which wheel ?

Comment

passenger. definetely wobbles a bit when braking and pulls right when accelerating and potholes, but i didn't think the bearing could cause the wheel to have noticable give when jacked up. got new JY struts, cause mine r shot, but thinkin while i'm at it might as well find out what else is wrong

Comment

The vibration could be caused by numerious things. A warped brake rotor, wheel bearing, tie rod ends, or believe or not low air pressure in your tire. I just recently replace my tie rods ends. lower control arms, and cv axles. It cost roughly $300. Now if you do your brakes you might as well do your wheel bearings too. At least on my 88 you have to remove the whole wheel hub with the bearings in order to get the rotor off. I hope this helps.
        Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

before doing any part replacing, check your sway bar bushings (all of them). weak/loose bushings can cause these symptoms as well as those stated above.

a bearing would have to have signifigant play to cause a bump steer condition or brake wobble. and that play should be able to be felt reguardless of the wheels relation to it's travel in the suspention (provided there's no components creating presure on the bearing when the wheel/strut is unloaded.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

tire pressure is good. and i dont have the mini guns mounted on my wheels any more so... don't think there's too much foreign bearing pressure. but i guess we'll see. i know when i replaced my control arm the bushings didn't seem too bad, if those are the sway bushings u meant or do you mean the ones farther forward?. don't know about weak, but there def. not loose! i guess if they bushings are cracked at all they should be replaced? it's funny, cause when i first got it looked at, buddy said the play in the wheel was "for sure" the ball joint. now iv'e got the same play, and another guy is saying "for sure" the bearing. at least i dont think theres anything that can give noticeable play in the tire besides those two. apreciate the help. cheers

Comment

Working...
            X