Need window crank/cable diagram/pictures/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need window crank/cable diagram/pictures/advice

Ok-After having been without a Festiva for almost ten years I just bought a '91 GL with 91k miles on it. It is in pretty decent shape and I drove it after having it towed home, charging a battery, and putting air in a very-slowly leaking tire. The best part is I only paid $175 for the car!! Anyway it, of course, has a few warts and minor issues-one of which I am trying to address with this post. When I bought it the little post that the window crank attaches to was broken and the guy had taken the door panel apart and had the window being held up with a pair of vice grips(which he included in the purchase price-bonus)clamped on the window control cable. Well-It has been rather warm around here lately and I had to put the window down so I was unclamping the pliers and allowing the window cable to feed back up and then pulling it back and reclamping at night or during rain. Well this worked for a few days until the cables that control the window decided to come loose from wherever they were attached and fall to the bottom of the inside of the door. Now I have to kinda jam the window up and it is isn't exactly a long-term solution. So what I am looking for is someone who can give me some guidance/pictures/diagrams/whatever that will help me to figure out this mess . If any of you can help me out you would be my new hero-granted that doesn't pay anything but I'll put your name in my signature as my official hero.

First, Welcome to FF.COM!!
    Second, I would advise adding your location to your profile. Someone nearby may be able to help you.
    Third, if you don't have Haynes, you should get one. Or a shop manual. There is a section in the Haynes dealing with your problem, and I think having the pictures there to guide you would make it a whole lot easier.
    Last edited by batstiva; 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

need to find a prats car to get a replacement window regulator. Simple fix if you can find one....welcome to the site by the way.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        need to find a prats car to get a replacement window regulator. Simple fix if you can find one....welcome to the site by the way.
        Prats car???

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I agree with batstiva...get a manual and start tearing that door apart! Everything associated with the door is pretty simple once you take it apart and look at it. You might even be able to figure out what's going on with it without the use of a manual
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
            Prats car???
            well you don't think I want him to find a willie's car do you....Prat made me made and someone can take his car apart!
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
            X