carbed and no fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbed and no fuel

ok i just bought this 88 L off of TONYCASH and we had it running off starting fluid because it had no fuel in the tank. so when i picked it up and got it home i put about a gallon in the tank and some in the carb to get it to start and run enough to get the pump working long enough to get fuel on its own but it didnt work out that way. so i went and got another filter and replaced i changed the pump with one from my other motor that was good and worked but still no run. i pulled the supply line from the carb and cranked the car it had small squarts of fuel but that was before i changed the filter. i changed and the car wount get any thing. so what you guys think? any thing else i should check.

pickup may not be getting to the 1 gallon of fuel you added... put 2 more in and try again.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

or there is a hole in the supply line

I am the original

Comment

well it dont leak any were i thought of that but it wasnt to big of a concern but i will put more in and try again thanks guys

Comment

ok i added like 5 gallons to the tank and nothing happened but then i got the air hose to the fuel line to see if it was pluged well it was then i went to the back to the sending unit to blow through the beck to the front and it was fine well i ended up trying to blow through the sending unit and it was the prob it is plugged with this brown goop!!! wow it nasty!! but i found out what it was and now am fixing it. thanks for your guyes help

Comment

Working...
          X