That Darn Speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Darn Speedo

i know that there has been other topics about this but i just cant seem to fix mine. i unscrewed mine and held it up in the air and sprayed the lock anti freeze on it and it it works when i just start to go then it hops around then it stops totally i replaced the gear even though the old one was still good.(broke the mounting clip off of the old one) is it the cable or the connection in the dash i dont know and i really would like to fix this.
    1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
    2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

More then likely the cable is shot. I have had 2 festivas and both had severed cables. You can source one out at the junkyard out of an Aspire. The Aspire cable is a 2 piece design and is a tad bit longer then the Festiva piece so if you want to relocate the cable to the right of the factory placement when you install a Tach Cluster then it makes it a lot easier to do.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

no ive tooken the cable out it looks to be fine
      1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9

Comment

THE CABLE IS BAD!!! a very small kink can make the needle bounce, replace it now!!!!

Comment

The cable could look good all day long but like he said if its kinked it is FLARKED!!!!

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

ok ill break down and buy one or pull a few from the junkyard
            1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9

Comment

Working...
            X