universal joint problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universal joint problem

Anyone know where I can find a replacement universal joint? I recently replaced my rack and pinion, now the u joint has gone bad and slips to the point I cannot steer at all. I replaced the bolt but it did not fix the problem.

I might sound dumb asking this, but what are you working on? I thought all festivas and aspires were front wheel drive. Which that would mean they have cv axles. Unless i am missing something here.
    Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

I think he is talking about the u-joint on the end of the steering column where it attaches to the rack.
      1960 willys pickup
      1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
      1989 festiva
      1990 festiva for parts
      1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

okay, well I havent had to mess with mine so I am afraid I am useless at this time.
        Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ihawk33 View Post
          Anyone know where I can find a replacement universal joint? I recently replaced my rack and pinion, now the u joint has gone bad and slips to the point I cannot steer at all. I replaced the bolt but it did not fix the problem.
          Tell us about your car: Festiva, Aspire, what year, how many miles? This is a good idea in general for any problem. Also please put your location in your profile.

Maybe Tonycash can come up with one from his collection of cars; try PMing him.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yes, it is the one at the bottom of the steering column that attaches to the rack and pinion. Thanks!

Comment

It is a 91 Festiva L

Comment

Where you be?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Houston, TX

Comment

Does anyone know if they are the same on Aspires? If so I could pull one from a 97 auto Aspire in the JY.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

if there the same from a aspire i got a extra one from a 95 aspire siting in my grage right now

Comment

Originally posted by fillmorr View Post
                        if there the same from a aspire i got a extra one from a 95 aspire siting in my grage right now
                        If you have a Festiva, or can go look at one, can you take the Aspire ujoint out to the Festy and eyeball the Festy's ujoint to see if they look the same?

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                        X