fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel issue

ok here is the problem im having, i pulled the running engine from my white festiva, to put another lower mileage motor in its place, before i pulled the old motor it ran fine, today i put the new motor in and tried to fire it up and it would not start i checked at the fuel rail and there is no fuel getting throuh the regulator, and also no pressure at the rail, i checked the relay and found it was not clicking on, so i replaced it with a known good one, no change, the relay doesnt click on and i cannot hear the fuel pump turn on, i also checked the cutoff switch and it wasnt tripped so i assume its fine,i then tried the fuseable link, i replaced it with a good one and still no change.when i had the motor out i didnt plug the fuel line, and i just let it hang, and what i found out was that fuel was constantly flowing out of the line unless i put the line above the level of the fuel filter, could this have anything to do with it? keep in mind it ran completely fine before i pulled the old motor out. what else could the problem be?

So your saying you have no power to the pump? Have you tested it with a test light?

Having the fuel line unplugged won't hurt anything. Take the hoses off and have some one crank the ignition. If fuel spews your pump is working and you have the lines backwards. If no fuel, check for power to the pump/fuses/relays.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i am assuming there is no power to the relay seeing as it does not click on, but i will check it none the less, what fuse should i check, i thouht the efi fuseable link was the only fuse for the fuel pump?

Comment

try checking your vane air flow meter

if you check the wiring diagrams at the top of this forum
        you will see what controls the fuel pump relay
        figures 23-1 and 23-2

I am the original

Comment

problem solved, turns out im just an idiot and switched the fuel lines around.:laughing8:

Comment

^^^ Awesome! I've done it a time or two too!
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Fuseable link

Originally posted by BP-Festiva View Post
              i am assuming there is no power to the relay seeing as it does not click on, but i will check it none the less, what fuse should i check, i thouht the efi fuseable link was the only fuse for the fuel pump?
              When you say that the fuseable link is the only fuse for the fuel pump, which link out of the 3 is it? Red, brown, or (I forgot the third one)? Also, should those fuseable link wires be a certain guage? How many amps are those fuseable links? 25,40,50amp?? Thanks.

Comment

here is the fuseable links and what they control directly from the owners manual

hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                X