Inner & Outer Tie Rod Compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner & Outer Tie Rod Compatibility?

I'd like to replace the inner and outer tie rods in my 1989 Festiva. This link on eBay seems to be the best deal, but it's listed as 90-93? Is there a difference between the 88-80 and 90-93 tie rods? Will these work, or should I look elsewhere.

A quick check of AdvanceAuto's website shows the parts numbers are the same for 88L and 93L. Both for inners and outers. I think you'll be okay with those.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      A quick check of AdvanceAuto's website shows the parts numbers are the same for 88L and 93L. Both for inners and outers. I think you'll be okay with those.
      I was just at AdvancedAuto today Spent $187.10 for pads, rotors, shoes, drums, and hardware kit. Declined on the tie rods because they were too expensive and figured I could get a much better deal on eBay.

Comment

^^ Yeah, I just used their site to verify the parts numbers were the same. If you've got a better deal on Ebay, jump on it. Your original question was would ones for a 93 work on an 89. I was just trying to quickly answer that question.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
          ^^ Yeah, I just used their site to verify the parts numbers were the same. If you've got a better deal on Ebay, jump on it. Your original question was would ones for a 93 work on an 89. I was just trying to quickly answer that question.
          Thanks for your advice batstiva and your quick reply! I just want to be 100% sure they will work and from the looks of it they will. I'll also PM the seller and ask his advice. I would have to be stuck with parts that are not compatible with my car.

Comment

The splines on the inner tie rods where they screw into the rack may differ. I bought a set for my 89 festiva, got home, removed my old ones and they were course spline, the ones advance auto sold me were fine spline. Took them back and they ordered the course ones for me. Just check to see what you need before you buy.
            1960 willys pickup
            1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
            1989 festiva
            1990 festiva for parts
            1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
            X