Headlight Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Differences

Are there differences between the 88/89 and 90+ headlights?

I picked up a headlight from the JY in a 90+ car... The ring that keeps the headlight in the housing (that small black ring) doesn't want to fit...

Just trying to get one that works to keep moisture out of my new headlight.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Good to note that the previous headlights were from a 90+ too... Possibly the lights on the JY car were from 88 or 89? But I'm not 100% sure.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Not aware of any differences. When I hit my deer with Batstiva, I had to change the passenger side headlight and corner light. Pretty sure the replacements came from a 93, and I didn't have any fitment issues.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

they might have aftermarket assemblies

I am the original

Comment

I remember on an old Subaru I had to replace a headlight. Got one from a JY, but the mounting was a little different (it came from a different year car). Had to take the mounting mechanism from the old headlight and put it on the new one, no biggie.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj View Post
            they might have aftermarket assemblies
            That's what I've discovered too. The aftermarket ones usually have a ring with a circular spring as well. If you need a stock ring I've got a few here. Just pay for postage and they're yours.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I believe your right Simon, I have ran into this before myself.
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

I have put 88 headlights on my 91 and didn't have any problems.
                -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                  I have put 88 headlights on my 91 and didn't have any problems.
                  They interchange no problem. The differance is the way the bulb is held in, and its the same type bulb.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Correct... Everything mounted up fine... It's just the ring that holds the headlight IN the assembly seems different.

The ones that were on stock seems to let the bulb sit inside the mount a little bit... The one I got from the JY seems to sit on the outside.

It's holding in fine without the piece... But, I don't know. The headlight didn't have that part on the JY car I got it from, which is why I've got this dilema to begin with.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                    X