no running light or turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no running light or turns

I started putting my car back together after painting it and my front blinkers and corner lights won't work. The rear blinkers do work. Any suggestions? I did do some welding on the car but I made sure to disconnect the battery if that matters at all. Also I installed some clear turn signals, but I didn't think that should matter either.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Did you use an electric arc welder? if you did check that the earth wires are ok, if you switch on the hazard lights do they all work? if the front ones don't work check the lamps are ok (you can use a multimeter) also check the sockets are ok, the fuse is common for both rear and front lights so you may have damaged the wiring loom when you were welding.

Tip: if you used an arc welder remember the return is earthed to the body and if the earth connection was not sound then the return current will use the easiest path and that would be your earth circuits for your front lights.

Tip: the wiring diagram I have indicates a red/green wire (most probably red with a green trace).

Tip: buy a 12volt light probe with an alligator clip for earth and a sharp point that you can push through in insulation to check for voltage.

It does not appear to be the combination switch so your in luck.
    "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

When I turn on the hazards only the rears come on. it was a flux core wire welder.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Its all to do with having the welder earth very secure and close to the area you are welding, I suspect all the front lamps are burnt out because the welder return current has used that path ..., it is not an uncommon problem and occurs in industry as well when the earth system will burn out when the welder ground is not secure and clean...good luck and I hope my comments help big ty2003 and make sense
        "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

Working...
        X