Surge under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge under acceleration

I also was wondering if anyone has had a surging issue while under acceleration, my 93 festiva has done this since i got it 2 years ago, normal or not, what might cause this :help:

more info please... and a location in case there's someone near by that can lend a hand.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I'm in north Missouri, when under acceleration going up through the gears i can hold the gas peddle at one spot but the power comes and goes like feathering the throttle

Comment

What have you replaced? Have you done a tune up on it? If so, what else did you replace besides the obvious(plugs,wires,cap and rotor)?
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

possibly a dirty TPS?
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

haven't replaced anything but plugs and wires, doesn't act like a throttle position sensor, almost like a fluctuation in fuel pressure (haven't checked that yet) what kind of pressure should a 93 with a 1.3 run?

Comment

may want to pull the engine codes

even if the check engine light is off

I am the original

Comment

check engine light has been coming on every so often for about a year now but goes right back off, guess i will run a check and see what it says. thanks guys

Comment

Plugged fuel filter. Dirty injectors. Bad cap and rotor.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

One of mine did that. It was blowing a lot of oil out the valve cover hose and running it through the engine. I figured it was fouling the Oxygen sensor. I plugged the intake pipe and ran a long hose down under the engine so the oil vapor goes on the road instead of in the engine.

It fixed the surging. Rings or engine change comes later.

Comment

Working...
                    X