heater probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater probs

finally had to use heat this morning. but something weird is happening. after car gets warmed up heat will come out of the defrost, but when i switch it to vent it comes out cold. what will cause this? also noticed that air is blowing through vents while driving even with all air turned off.

92 festiva L manual 5 speed.. no rear defrost

there is nothing wrong with your festiva, in fact every festiva ever made was designed like this, the heat will only work in the defrost or floor vents. and air coming through the vents may be due to the fact that on the hvac controls there is a lever that has symbols one that has an arrow going in a circle in a car and one that has an arrow pointing through the car, the latter allows outside air to enter even with the blower motor off.
    Last edited by BP-Festiva; 11-05-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

yeah most of the festivas all have this. i remember some one else asking this but i don't remember what was said about this really all of the cars do it all three of mine do and my gfs mom's does as well so jsut use the defrost and defrost/floor they push heat.

Comment

Mine has been like that since it was new. It's a 90"L".
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

thats great to know. thanks thought i was looking at a new heater core.

Comment

design constraint of the Festiva. No heat from the dash registers, floor and defrost only.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I drove mine freezing my rear off for 3 years before i realized this.....finally i bought a heater....which melted my cig lighter and while under the dash i found that the "box" was warm and tried floor and it work.....I was like duh.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Warms your face or warms your feet. The rest is unimportant.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

^ lol

Comment

Besides the fact that even on the coldest West Michigan day, both Festivas that I owned up there would roast you out after a little bit.
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                      Besides the fact that even on the coldest West Michigan day, both Festivas that I owned up there would roast you out after a little bit.
                      That's odd, none of the Festivas I've ever owned or driven would roast me out on a really cold day. Even with new OEM thermostats and the entire front end covered with cardboard. On a -40 degree day, it takes everything it's got to keep ice off the front windows.

Comment

Working...
                      X