Carb and Auto Gearbox doubts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb and Auto Gearbox doubts

Ok, so i have my festiva, and i realized that there are a couple things wich i dont like.

First on the automatic gearbox there is a hose wich is cancelled.
    I dont know if its suppose to be that way, since i dont know what its for.
    On the second pic u can see where the cancelled hose goes to.

And the second problem is that there is a place where a hose could go on the back of the carb but there isnt any hose.

With it being carbed, I believe we can safely assume it is an '88-'89. More specific information may help someone diagnose and answer any questions you may have. What year specifically, what model (L, L+... etc), and put your location in your profile. If someone is nearby, they may be able to stop by and help you look it over.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

It doesnt say wich version is...and i live in Uruguay (little country between Argentina and Brazil). The problem here is that we dont have many automatic gearboxes...all cars are manual here.

Comment

That hose doesn't go to anything. And on the intake if it looks like it's supposed to have a hose then cap it or find the hose that goes to it.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

On the tranny i will leave it as it is.
          And the carb runs good without it capped, but i would prefer to install it as it came from factory rather than having it caped or open. :S

Comment

that line on the carb isn't used, (internaly plugged). the hose on the trans is a breather. you should have a manual trans in that car (carbed were all manual) someone swapped a trans or engine on your car before. if the trans is original, then you should have a fuel injected car.

add location for better results and possible service by a local member
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              if the trans is original, then you should have a fuel injected car.
              Maybe that rule isn't doesn't apply to Festivas outside of North America? I know the festiva that Stefan bought recently is also carbed with ATX.. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24966
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I live in South America, and this car was ordered specially for an elderly woman, so they requested an auto with a/c. And it came with a carb from factory.

Ok, so its a breather...i should let it open then.

If u want i can look for the VIN so u can make shure it came like this from factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                  Maybe that rule isn't doesn't apply to Festivas outside of North America? I know the festiva that Stefan bought recently is also carbed with ATX.. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24966
                  this is true :p
                  89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                  RIP 90LX

Comment

Hi I'm from Aotearoa and thats the last piece of dirt before you hit Antartica...My 1992 Feativa is Carberetted and I have had a look and the pipe that is sticking out is not connected, if the Festiva is running like an extinct Moa the have a look at the choke breaker...but remember Murphy's law No.1 "if it ain't broke then don't fix it"
                    "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

It runs fine...the only thing it does is that it doesnt always disenganges the gear.
                      For example, I set drive and first gear enganges, if u set N it doesnt disengage. Its like first is still there.
                      Or if u set Reverse after u were in Drive, it seems as if both gears are engaged. It does go back, but it seems as if the parking brake was on.

Comment

Working...
                      X