Water leaks on drivers side floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leaks on drivers side floor

Almost every time it rains hard or continually I wind up with a puddle on the front or rear floor, depending on the angle the car is sitting at. I park on the street and it has quite a slant/high crown to it. I have tried wiping the door seals with silicone and cleaning out the drains in the door with little success. I have a suspicion that it is coming in where the door panel push pins go through the door metal, or possibly at the lower door panel screw holes. Has anybody else run into this? I am getting it on all three cars tha park on the street and am to the point of considering drilling extra drain holes.
    Thanks, Michael.
    186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
    1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
    1992 aqua L (agua)
    1993 blue L (aurora)

inspect the rear windows as well...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

pop off the door panel and make sure the plastic sheet is still in there sealing up the door. water runs down the window and into the door and if the plastic isnt there it will drip onto the rocker trim and come in. i just sealed up my car doors last week. the rear windows can also leak as festyboy says, my car does a little, comes in the front bottom corner or the rear windows and runs down into the rear floor pan
      Last edited by resuwrecked; 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

check your windshield. thats where mine leaks from.
        1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
        1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
        1983 Chevy Elcamino
        1993 Ford Festiva GL
        2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
        some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

seal around the door.....when you drive do you hear air coming from around the seal? They loosen up over time and I think the drivers door does it more often because it is the most used.. You can kind of help the seal by rolling the window down and then brace the door against your body and pull the top of the window track towards you, from the inside of the door, but don't do it to much, you don't want to mess anything up.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
          X