Funny smell...low heat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny smell...low heat...

....I'm thinking HEATER CORE going.!I dread this if this is what it is.!Yuk.!

if it smells like hot antifreeze or hot water you are probibly right... i dont get any heat from mine...
    03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
    92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
    92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Sounds like a heater core, going to be putting one in my car this weekend!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Never heard of a Festy heater core going bad, but as the miles and years add up I guess things just wear out.

Replacement really isn't too bad, although you do have to pull the dash. I've done it a few times. It takes about half an hour, and the worst part I remember is those bolts by the windshield.

Last time I had a Festiva dash apart, I took the time to clean out the ducts. You'd be amazed what accumulates there over the years...

-Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

A small bottle of Barr's Stop Leak can be your friend.

Comment

Well,that is what my niece said.I went out,started her car and let it run 8-10 mins.went back out and heat is fine.I didn't smell anything( well,a lil weed).Women !!!!!Car has only 93k on it.

Comment

awesome way to bring life back to your heater... drain coolant. unhook BOTH hoses at the block. hold the garden hose nice and tight to the heater hose and turn full blast. do this to both inlet and outlet back and forth a few min each. let stand and do it a few more times.... mine came out pure rust color for quite some time... but after my heater worked awesome... try running some coolant system flush first it might work better. i used MOC coolant flush at work and it seems to do its job if youy follow the directions...

mine has 119k
              Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 12-08-2009, 08:16 PM.
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                awesome way to bring life back to your heater... drain coolant. unhook BOTH hoses at the block. hold the garden hose nice and tight to the heater hose and turn full blast. do this to both inlet and outlet back and forth a few min each. let stand and do it a few more times.... mine came out pure rust color for quite some time... but after my heater worked awesome... try running some coolant system flush first it might work better. i used MOC coolant flush at work and it seems to do its job if youy follow the directions...

mine has 119k
                Thats a pretty good idea, i may do that to mine :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                X