Front wheel bearing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel bearing question

I'm taking all the parts to the machinist tomorrow. I just want to make sure I understand how this works. After popping out the old bearings, first the inner race is pressed in, then the inner bearing, then outer race, set in spacer, outer bearing, outer seals, press assembly into spindle, then press in inner seal. then press back into rotor. Is this right? This is 93 GL (which has been up and running for a month now thanks to Eurotiva)
    1993 Festiva GL
    new fuel pump
    97 B3 swapped in by Eurotiva

NO!!!! sorry, but this is how it goes: (assuming all old parts are removed) install both inner and outer races to the knuckle, press outer bearing to HUB, attach rotor to hub and slip on the spacer. place the knuckle OVER the hub and then press the inner bearing onto the hub (knuckle sandwiched inbetween). then install the inner seal.
    this also assumes that all bearings/races are properly lubed and the 4 rotor bolts torqued.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Click back a few pages and you'll see the write up I did on my Aspire bearing replacement.
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Glad to hear it's still running good.......My first $250 swap !!!
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
        X