fuel filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter?

been looking around the net at fuel filter...wow, a bit too much for oem. Does anyone have an answer for an alternative filter? I figure the best place to look for advice would be here. (93 efi) thanx

Any filter that is for efi, and has the same size nipples for the lines on it. I use one for a ford van.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

On the Aspire I used to have I used Microguard 33324 ($9). I bolted it to the master cylinder on the Aspire not sure how it would work with the Festiva. Or you could get Microguard 33033 ($3) basically the same thing but without the mount. Wire tie it up or use the original mount? When I go to replace mine I'll probably go with the latter.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

The last 2 I used were cheap Fram filters (for EFI application) I got at WalMart. Don't remember exactly what they were for, but they fit in the factory holder bracket perfect.
        The only problem is that the nipples are slightly larger (never thought I'd say THAT!) and the hoses are a real PITA to get on/off. I figured the next time I would go back to a factory replacement from Autozone or Advance for ease of installation.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I just by passed my original filter in the other Festy and put in a cheap in line filter from autozone....you can see through the plastic and tell when it is dirty.....
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
          X