cold air out of vents, when heats on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold air out of vents, when heats on

My 91 blows ice cold air out of the vents when the heat is on, any ideas?
    91 Festiva GL 236,000 and still going

If you're talking about the AC vents all Festiva's do that. You only get heat from the floor or defrost.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

There should be a prize for the 1,000,000th time this question is asked. Are we close yet?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        There should be a prize for the 1,000,000th time this question is asked. Are we close yet?
        sad to say....we are very close
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

lol i was going to ask the same question sooner or later...glad it got answered.

Comment

Oh its been answered many times before, i'd say it needs to be stickied or something but it's not like anyone reads them anyways

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Oh its been answered many times before, i'd say it needs to be stickied or something but it's not like anyone reads them anyways
              exactly....NO ONE READS at all it seems. Or uses the search function.
              Maybe we can get Simon to make it so that when you enter in those combination of words it throws you to a sticky or something....or makes you log out.....lol
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Now that would be funny, the other thing that irratates me is when people ask a question in a thread thats already been answered in the same thread, it just goes to show not everyone reads the entire thread they post in

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I know....all I can do when that happens is shake my head........oh wait....I could do a lot more then that....but that would be an abuse of power.....hmmmmm.....lol
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  I will sleep when I die!

Comment

so... the vents don't blow heat??? cuz my defrost and floor do but the vents dont... theres a search function??? apologies we do appreciate the wealth of info on here... just sometimes were slow... other times really slow. and still other times just having trouble with a little bit too high of a alchohol/blood ratio. cheers!
                    light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.
                    light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.:faroah:

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Now that would be funny, the other thing that irratates me is when people ask a question in a thread thats already been answered in the same thread, it just goes to show not everyone reads the entire thread they post in
                      Post #2 in this very thread

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
                      If you're talking about the AC vents all Festiva's do that. You only get heat from the floor or defrost.

Comment

Originally posted by blue*93 View Post
                        so... the vents don't blow heat??? cuz my defrost and floor do but the vents dont... theres a search function??? apologies we do appreciate the wealth of info on here... just sometimes were slow... other times really slow. and still other times just having trouble with a little bit too high of a alchohol/blood ratio. cheers!
                        should've read after "apologies" smirk, chuckle :tongue3:
                        light a man a fire and he'll stay warm for the night.
                        light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life.:faroah:

Comment

Maybe there should be a FAQ's section to read through before you even become a member,like the heat vents,the wiring being there even if you don't have the option on car,what fits what,rare options,things like that.

Comment

How about this: when a new member comes on board, he/she gets a message in ALL CAPS explaining about the heater dash vent thing. After that, asking about it is cause for immediate removal of membership. And we come take their Festy for parts.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              How about this: when a new member comes on board, he/she gets a message in ALL CAPS explaining about the heater dash vent thing. After that, asking about it is cause for immediate removal of membership. And we come take their Festy for parts.
                              ^ Add to that the "What wheels will fit my Festiva?" question.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X