No announcement yet.

88 festy surging/jerking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered an adapter myself. I'll let you know how it turns out when It gets here next week. It is supposed to ship out tomorrow.

Edit: Other things I checked on mine, may help you out. EGR valve and its goodies, plugs and wires, O2 sensor has already been said, Fuel pressure itself (disconnect hose, Put in PB jar and crank engine, should get a strong flow) , clean the sight glass and look inside it. Its on the passenger side of the carburetor in the middle. You should see fuel around the middle of the glass. Remove the breather and open the choke, pull the throttle cable while looking for a good stream of fuel. I found mud in my float bowel but Narrowed it down to the absolute maximum.
    Last edited by sedat; 01-15-2010, 12:11 AM.
    Previous:
    1991 GL. (01' ranger lights!) P/S,A/C Sold to Mum.
    1990 auto. hacked up rally toy.
    1988 5 speed. The pile
    1993 5 speed.
    1995 5 speed aspire. Gutted for the 90' auto.

Comment

Good information, I will look into it when I get off work today. I would look at it right now, but my boss is on the prowl. However, can anyone help me with the wire issue with the o2 sensor?
      Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Outer wire for the o2 sensor is for anti radio interference, Inner wire carries the signal. on most *universal* o2 sensors you just splice away the anti-radio interference jacket and use the inner wire itself. It should be okay to just do the same and solder the connections back together, Just keep it away from any ignition stuff.

*the anti radio interference (EMI technically) jacket is there to block out any unwanted radio/Electro magnetic interference that would create a false reading. Your radio antennae is based on the same thing.
        Previous:
        1988 5 speed. The pile
        1993 5 speed.

Comment

I guess that would explain the newly added pitch of the engine coming through my speakers as static. I would I fix that, cause that static drives me crazy when I am trying to enjoy my music.

Comment

If it varies with engine speed its from your ignition system.

They make filters for that kinda problem. You might be able to score one at a junkyard in some of the older cars. Newer stereos *should* come with em built in.
            Previous:
            1988 5 speed. The pile
            1993 5 speed.

Comment

Thank you for your help, now I need fix my splice job lol.

Comment

Anytime. Playing with wires is what I love, so I know a few tricks.
                Previous:
                1988 5 speed. The pile
                1993 5 speed.

Comment

Working...
                X