engine will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine will not start

I have a 89 festiva 1.3L eng with 1bar carb.Engine will crank but will not start.Everything has been changed.fuel pump distributor(3x's),coil distributor cap and rotor button,computor.It seems that power output from ignition to coil, distrutor and out of computor is correct.From there something is causing my problem,checked wiring everything checks good.also replaced barometric press swicth with no luck.I'm stumped.Does anyone know if there's a relay that may not be shown on electrical sch.Also now I have a shift light that comes on that never came on before.Thanks Bob

Hey Bob. 1st I'm gonna say add your location, so if someone is close they can stop by and help. 2nd While I'm not familiar with carbed festivas just check the basics. It sounds like you've checked a few things. Have you checked for spark? timing? main fuses (on driver side strut tower).? Also don't be afraid to use the search button on here. And WELCOME to the best site for festivas in the world!!!
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'm getting spark and fuel.I'm located in Griffin Ga.I have a friend who has a service center who is working on it.He's had several people look at it,They feel it's something electrical at this point.The were wondering if there's something in the wire diagram they're missing.

Comment

I would have to agree on the timing issue. You will still get spark, but not at the right time. Have your guys check into that. Just my $.02.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
        X