B3 Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 Fuel Injectors

Is the fuel rail in a b3 motor accessible without the removal of the upper intake plenum? The #1 and 2 injectors are clogged and need to be removed to be cleaned and didn't want to have to do any extra work if i didn't have to. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dan

I took the fuel rail off a late model B6 engine, but the B3 has a different plenum design. The Festiva shop manual says you have to remove the upper intake, and it looks that way to me, unless perhaps you could just remove the throttle body. It's definitely in the way, but I'm not sure if it's the only part in the way. The upper intake may also prevent removal of the rail.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Have you tried a healthy dose of "Seafoam" fuel system cleaner in your gas? That may clean and solve your problem.......

Don

Comment

seafoam is mainly stoddard solvent. not exactly super powerfuel.

If his injector is clogged enough for him to know it's clogged, then he would have to remove it and clean it.

Before it gets to that point seafoam might help....might. It's good for dissolving carbon on piston tops, but I never did put much faith into it while in the gas tank.

FP60 by www.lubecontrol.com works great. It's not an armomatic solvent or alcohol like most "fuel injector cleaners". Plus, for the cost of three bottles of techron you get enough FP60 to treat over 600 gallons of gas.

Speaking of techron, it does have PEA in it. Which is a great cleaner, but the stuff is expensive overall.
        www.dantheoilman.com
        AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
        Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
        Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

Working...
        X