where do the parts go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do the parts go?

i just recieved my strut mounts and bearings(front) in the mail, so i can finally install my new front suspention, but i'm kinda confused about the bearing, or so called, in the box there were only two little plastic sorta turntable style "bearings" are these the strut bearings, they seem pritty small (only about the size of a canadian 2nee), theres two per mount too, does anyone have a picture of a stackup maybe that i can see so i can assemble the strut, then install the assembly, i have new springs, struts, and mounts with bearings, thanks

to help, hears a pic of the parts

Comment

The 2 washers are the bearing, they go facing each other between the strut and the mount.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

i didnt get those bearings from fms with my high durometer ones, they look the same as flying miata one, has anyone ever compared the 2?

Comment

cool, flat side facing each other you mean?

Comment

^ yes
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by funky technician View Post
              does anyone have a picture of a stackup maybe that i can see so i can assemble the strut, then install the assembly, i have new springs, struts, and mounts with bearings, thanks
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

hay thanks, i guess i'll have to wait till i take the old ones out and dismantle them, i don't have all those parts like the spring seat and that seal and what not, do you think they will be reusable? i hope that seal they mention isn't a mess and cause the new bearings fail prematuraly
                Last edited by funky technician; 12-31-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

you wouldn't happen to have that same break down for the rear shocks too do ya?

Comment

Working...
                  X