Need help with air horn install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with air horn install

Okay so I got a air horn to replace my busted stock horn, and I need help with the wiring, I have it all wired except the part to connect the horn button, to make the compressor work. The diagram as a three prong switch which I have, and its shows I have to wire the old hot lead from the old horn, to the acc spot on the switch, is this right? and does it need to be spliced in or directly connected to the acc, I just don't see how the connection is completed so I can use the stock horn button.

Logan

basiclly you use your old horn cables and connect them to the switch provided with the kit. then you run positive from the battery to the stitch/horn.
    1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
    89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
    and bring some timing too........

Comment

I would like to know where the stock horn is even supposed to be located ,I have looked everywhere and cannot find any wiring or where the old horn was mounted ,I have had a triple air horn setup I have wanted to install. If you want to see some real cool horns go here www.hornblasters.com
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by packrat427
        I would like to know where the stock horn is even supposed to be located ,I have looked everywhere and cannot find any wiring or where the old horn was mounted ,

It's underneath the passenger side headlight.

Look up from under the car and you'll see it.

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

also under driver side

One of my festiva has 2 horns one on each side behind turning signal, hard to get at.

Logan

Comment

Re: also under driver side

Originally posted by Gforcefd
            One of my festiva has 2 horns one on each side behind turning signal, hard to get at.

Logan
            damn LX/GL owners... rubbing it in the faces of us L/L Plus owners....

Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

forget about the relay that came w/ teh air horn... hook the stock horn wire (+) up to the terminal on teh compressor, and then groud the compressor... thats the way i did it ny way, much simpler. the only concern is if you really blast it for a while the stock wire may melt b/c of the compressor draws more current then its supposed to handle ?

but still, i've had it that way for a few months and its fine so far.
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper
                forget about the relay that came w/ teh air horn... hook the stock horn wire (+) up to the terminal on teh compressor, and then groud the compressor... thats the way i did it ny way, much simpler. the only concern is if you really blast it for a while the stock wire may melt b/c of the compressor draws more current then its supposed to handle ?

but still, i've had it that way for a few months and its fine so far.
                Goddamn, the relay I got with it was messed up. Well, the instructions anyway... In the end, after being on the phone with China for an hour I said fug it, and played around with it.

Assuming it's the same type of relay, I can take a peek at it, and make a diagram for you, and email it to you... Email me at roger-belanger@hotmail.com if you're interested in me doing this for you.

I got the relay working, bolted the compressor to the inside of the hood, drilled a hole in the hood, put a rubber grommet made for something else, PCV maybe, for another car... Not sure, anyway, put the tubing through there, drilled 2 holes in the hood and bolted the dual air horns to the right side of the hood, just above the battery. Looks snazzy. I get alot of stares and people who yell at me "HONK YOUR HORN!" haha Lately I have added some blue strobes on the outside in the grill and underneath, and some black lights in the car. I also installed a CB radio for pissing off other truckers, but I like the PA system that's included. I wired the speaker behind the front grill, so I can yell at people who are driving slow, etc... )
                I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

Working...
                X