Ghetto body work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto body work

Going to pin the hood, after I do some ghetto bodywork.

Any suggestions on where to locate the rear pins?

here's the carnage.

Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Ouch !!! Did you break your hood ?

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Nope, damn thing is pretty resilient. (it's the 2nd time this has happened).

Hence why I'm heeding Simon's advice, 4 pins.
      Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

I will take his advice too on mine.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

No idea where to mount tops pins, but what exactly happened to make you want to do 4?

ed
          '90 Festiva L Plus-toy
          '94 Impreza 2.0T-fast
          '97 Hardbody-lowered dd
          '05 CRF50-pain bringer

Comment

i assume the hood came up while you where driving? well if your going to use the hinges you would only need pins in the front

Comment

Try to follow me on this.... but can you weld a platform about a quarter inch lower than when the hood is shut flush? Then you could put the pin in the platform and drill the hole through the upper corners of the hood.

Basically, it would look like a right angled triangle with tabs bent upward on two sides. The tabbed sides then could be welded onto the frame below where the fender bolts on.

Does this make sense? I could probably draw it better than explain it.
              www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
              www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
              Snoopy's
              4621 Atlantic Ave
              Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Ouch, i'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet!! i'm very careful about always locking my hood pins when i shut the hood

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It seems this is common on the FMS hoods, I had one of my pins come loose at 80mph. It didn't come up though. I wish there was a better way to latch these down.
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

Ive searched through the pictures of casper that I have but cant find an under hood shot with the pins -
                    it appears to be 2-3 inces from both the side and back of the rear of the hood though - placing it around the strut tower area I think - I'm getting on pimptiva to see if hes got any pictures there.

FOUND ONE !!!

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                    It seems this is common on the FMS hoods, I had one of my pins come loose at 80mph. It didn't come up though. I wish there was a better way to latch these down.
                    one of the sparco style pins that you have came loose?

the ones with the torsion clips on them? they are claimed to be the best at not comming loose
                    Last edited by Festiva_tunner; 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM. Reason: found one on Simons site!!!

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

if they're older with a bit of rust inside them, i could see them not staying shut as easy

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                      X