Oil Sending Unit Adapter Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Sending Unit Adapter Fitting

I recently purchased an AutoMeter oil pressure gauge, since my oil light comes on sometimes at idle, but not on a consistent basis. It has a 1/8" fitting and a 1/4" adapter, but from what I have read, I will need a metric adapter to make it fit my car. Does anyone know what size I need?

I did quite a few searches looking for this information, and I thought I had found it once, but when I went back through my history of searches, I could not find it.

Anyone?

Comment

Have you tried yor local parts store? They normally have a brass fitting assortment behind the counter.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

I know where I can get them, I just don't know what size I need, I just know that it is metric.

Comment

Would be cool if you found out what size since I'll be using autometer gauges too

Comment

What you can do is go to your parts house and get them to pull a factory sender. Next get them to identify threads on it( they can use nuts out of their bolt bins if they don't have a gauge) then buy the right adapter. I sold parts for YEARS and have done this many times, you just have to find a parts PERSON not a parts puller.
            93 festiva aka "the sexy"
            04 blown GT stang
            99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

IIRC, the issue is that the metric fitting is tapered so it's not an off the shelf fitting.
              Last edited by Pu241; 01-13-2010, 08:02 PM.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

If you have a NAPA store, ask them to look up the part number for the stock Festiva oil sending unit. Then ask them if they have a regular catalog (not the computer) with a picture of it. I believe the catalog lists the thread size with the picture. I know the thread pitch is only one number off from the American 1/8 pipe, but I don't remember which way it is. One of them is 27 threads and the other is 28 threads.
                You gonna race that thing?
                http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

metric pipe

I thought that metric pipe was almost identical to imperial pipe. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    I thought that metric pipe was almost identical to imperial pipe. Am I wrong?
                    If your imperial pipe is the same as the American national pipe thread then they would be almost the same as the metric. As a matter of fact before I knew the oil pressure hole on the Festy block was a metric, I tried screwing in a brass 1/8 NPT pipe fitting. I was able to screw it in with a wrench, but I noticed it was peeling a little shaving of brass off the fitting so I quit until I was able to verify that it was a different size.
                    You gonna race that thing?
                    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

I am fairly sure what you need id Japanese thread size. It is different that british or american or whatever. I looked it up nce mysekf and have it weitten down somewhere...

good news is that autometer ( I think is the company) sells a set of adapters that fit perfect. Look on Jegs catalog or something like that. It lists the dize you need.

google pipe threads and read all about the japanese standard

Comment

I domt type well in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                        X