Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mx3 head

will the festy manifold bolt on to the mx3 head

I think the mx3 is a b6-me and has unique intake and exhaust manifolds. But the entire engine will bolt in and run. Ask Ricky (manxbuggy) he has done the swap.
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

The MX3 manifold ports are oval shaped to accomodate the 2 valves per cylinder and the Festy's are round. I cobbled up a carbed intake to fit on the MX3 engine on our original race car. It worked good enough to be competitive, even won a race with it. If I remember correctly, only the 2 outer most studs on the MX3 head will match the Festy intake stud holes. The rest of the holes (and manifold) had to be built up with weld and re-drilled. I then had to do some major port grinding to both the intake and the head to get the ports to match up reasonably well. It's not a pretty looking job either. I also had to make my own custom made intake gasket.

I used the MX3 exhaust manifold and didn't attempt to re-work the Festy exhaust to fit.

The Australian Ford Laser uses the B6-ME in their early nineties cars. Since the time I fabricated my intake, I have been able to buy a carbed intake from an Australian Laser and it fits perfectly on the MX3 engine.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
      X