Aspire swap pad replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire swap pad replacement

I guess I need help with everything guys! Replacing the pads on hulkstiva and I can't seem to get everything back together. I'm pretty sure I have manual Aspire rotors and heard there was a difference between manual and auto and that would dictate which pads to use. I mentioned it when asking for the pads but the guy said there was no difference in his system. I've got the pads on and now I can't get the bolts back into the caliper to put it all back together. Any ideas?
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Got it figured out. (Thanks Greg!) I was worried it had something to do with the difference in auto/manual aspire rotors/pads. I just needed to compress the piston. Anybody know the deal with aspire auto and manual rotors and if there is a difference in pads you're supposed to get?
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I assume you you mean the slide bolts.
      I don't know about the Aspire, but the Festiva's slide bolts are different lengths.
      They are NOT interchangeable from top of the caliper to the bottom.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Ok,

Glad it was something easily fixed!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          Ok,

Glad it was something easily fixed!
          Me too! I guess there isn't a difference in what pads you get if you have a manual or auto aspire swap

Comment

I think the difference is in the caliper and the disk they are thicker.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Automatic Aspire rotors are thicker than manual Aspire rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by angrygocart View Post
                Automatic Aspire rotors are thicker than manual Aspire rotors.
                This is what I was talking about. I thought there was a difference in which pads you were supposed to get too, but they're all the same
                Last edited by lanemeyer14; 01-13-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X