Blinkers dont flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinkers dont flash

Hi I have a 91 Ford Festiva. My blinkers currently stopped flashing. I recently printed out the Electrical wiring diagram to help me locate a relay or fuse if there was one. I think I found it but I'm not quite sure. Can someone tell me what could be causing my blinkers to stop flashing. Otherwise from the look of it I have to take apart the whole dash to get to it. If so is there an easy way to do this?

No hazards and no turn signals?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

The fuse panel should be to the lower left of the steering wheel. Which by looking at the electrical diagram there is a seperate fuse for your hazards and blinkers. So as stated by batstiva I would check to see if it is just the blinkers that dont work. Other than that I would have to say it maybe a bad connection in the blinker switch itself. Maybe the contacts need to be cleaned.
      Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Could be the flasher fuse is shot.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

The blinkers and the hazards both dont flash. They just stay lit up.

Comment

Low on blinker fluid?

j/k
            Sorry, I had to do it!
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Please I am very serious here. I love my festiva to much to have any problems with it. I would like to get it fixed as soon as possible. any real advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

flasher most likely.
                good luck !
                OW!!

Comment

There is a Flasher Module located behind the Fuse Panel under the dash. It is not uncommon for them to go bad.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Thank you. Thats what i thought but wanted to make sure before i tore into the dash. Does anyone have any instructions on how to take apart the dash. Pictures would be alot of help.

Plus i just did my front right wheel bearing and we never used a press to do it. we also never removed the racers because they were stuck in there good and we did not have a press. plus i read somewhere else that there should be a spacer between them. i dont remember putting that back in. or even taking one out. anyone know how bad this could be???? it is all together now and i havnt had any problems yet.

Comment

if it is the flasher module and i get to it. does anyone know how much it is to replace?

Comment

Spacers are only on the front wheel bearings.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

how bad would it be if i forgot to put them in?

Comment

Not trying to be rude, nor was I before, but you should really look into getting a haynes manual if you plan on keeping the festy and taking care of it yourself. It will be a big help along with all the knowledge the good folks here can provide
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              Spacers are only on the front wheel bearings.
                              A bit off topic, don't you think??

if it is the flasher module and i get to it. does anyone know how much it is to replace?

Just checked Advance Auto's website. Somewhere between 10 and 12 bucks.
                              Last edited by batstiva; 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                              X