Non-resistor plug wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-resistor plug wires

I had a problem last summer that I wanted to warn others about. I installed non-resistor plug wires and soon after I got intermittent shutting off, and would not restart until key was turned all the way off and then started. At first I thought it was a vane airflow meter or ign. concern- swapped parts between cars and the problem persisted until I put those wires in circular file 13. The only thing I could figure is they were putting out enough RFI to confuse the EEC system. Nothing against performance plug wires, but I will never try non-resistors again.
    186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
    1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
    1992 aqua L (agua)
    1993 blue L (aurora)

I thought you were asking...and I was going to say: go ahead, it wont matter

guess it does, eh?

Comment

I used a set on the yellow 91 that my dad now has. The only problem was the buzz in the radio. Had some problems with missing but never figured what caused it.. wasn't the wires. I put them on a Allis Chalmers WD and got a new set for the Festiva.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I think it was this particular type, dont remember the brand, but they had this little collar on one end of each wire that was supposed to make everything "all right".
        186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
        1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
        1992 aqua L (agua)
        1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Working...
        X