shifting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting problems

I just put a new clutch in my 93 festy and now its hard to get into first and reverse. It's also hard to get into some gears when down shifting any suggestions?
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

is the transmission mounts in the correct position?

also what condition were the mounts in?

I am the original

Comment

I'm not sure I had a friend helping me with heavy work because I just had shoulder surgery. I can check if one is not right could that cause these problems? I know he said that he had some problems with the rear tranny mount but I assume that he got it in right but I am not sure.
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

If the engine and transmission was leaning forward slightly from the rear mount not being put on right it would make the shifter rods (arms or whatever they are called) not long enough to fully engage some of your gears. I believe that is what M. DJ was talking about?

Comment

ok I will check but it is going into gear its just hard

Comment

Try adjusting the clutch cable to pull in the clutch a little sooner [Clutch not fully disengaging]. You may need to slip the clutch to wear off the newness of the clutch disk. The disk maybe a little too thick. If you put in a new clutch cable in, it probably has stretched some.

Comment

I did not put a new clutch cable on it. I have adjusted the clutch just about every way possible and it didn't help

Comment

Working...
              X