To do list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To do list

I have three immediate problems with my '89L.

a. Window seals leak, where can I find replacements?

b. Instrument pod light is out, same question? (I have been using a ball cap
    with one of those "Alien" green bill lights, it seems to upset other drivers.)

c. Where can I get seals for a replacement thermostat?

Thanks!

thermo seal can be got at oreillys, as for the weather strip/seals, i dont know what other cars would replace but if you go to jcwhitney.com they have a whole lot of universal weather strip and seals, if its the windshield they make some stuff you can buy and walmart or oreillys that you put over the factory striping, its a type of gel
    03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
    92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
    92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Originally posted by wwjohnsy View Post
      a. Window seals leak, where can I find replacements?
      b. Instrument pod light is out, same question? (I have been using a ball cap with one of those "Alien" green bill lights, it seems to upset other drivers.)
      c. Where can I get seals for a replacement thermostat?
      a. You can roll the window down and bend the window frame in to help with sealing. I have done this and then put on some foam insulation from the hardware store. Very quiet now.

b. Pull the cluster; remove the lights from the top; use a 9V battery to light 'em up to see which ones are bad; find lights from another cluster at the JY, test 'em, install.

c. Local McParts store should be able to hook you up. I just replaced mine in my 323 (should be the same for Festy), and the Federal Mogul part # is 85720B. I used the better-quality Stant thermostat, #45869. Used a little thermostat gasket sealer too.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
      X