parking brake light "stuck" on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking brake light "stuck" on

Recently the parking brake light has been shining in my dash, however the parking brake is not on. As you apply and release the brake, the light stays on, but there is a click under the hood and the daytime lights go on and off as they should. Occasionally the light will go out on its own and work as it should, but then it will mysteriously come back on and stick by itself (even if i haven't used the brake). Anyone ever have this problem? Looking forward to some help.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

have you check the level of your brake fluid lately???????????????????

the light does more than just your parking brake!

Comment

switch

I would Start with the fluid Level check and the proceed to check the little switch located on the E-brake assembly. Sometimes pop & coffee get spilled down there and screw up the switch. All it does is complete a circuit when the brake is pulled up from the resting position.
      1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
      B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

My handbrake doesn't go completely down, it almost has a small spring-loaded action going on when you put it down... You crank it down, and it kinda springs back up 1\20th of an inch, just enough to set off the switch.
        I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_newbie
          My handbrake doesn't go completely down, it almost has a small spring-loaded action going on when you put it down... You crank it down, and it kinda springs back up 1\20Th of an inch, just enough to set off the switch.
          sounds like you have a stuck parking brake adjuster(s) at your rear wheel(s)

Comment

Working...
          X