No headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No headlights

Both headlights out. Replaced two relays near battery. Any suggestions? There is a black piece that bolts on the inner fender with about 4 black wires going to it. Is that common ground? Thanks for any help.

Try replacing the Fusable links on the driver side strut tower, my head lights would go out and my charge light would come on, but I replaced them with cartridge fuses and haven't had a problem.
    '90 LX

Comment

beat me to it.

Comment

Thanks, but that's not the problem. Got power on both sides. Ran jumper; still no headlights.

Comment

Not to sound like a butt. Did you check bulbs? Might have loose connection.

Comment

I would check/change the fuse link too, and yes, the connector you describe would be the ground connection.

Michael
            Have owned 9 so far
            White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
            Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
            Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
            Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
            Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

It may be your light / turn signal switch assembly. I have read that this is a common problem. Post a WTB post for a switch. I am sure someone on here has one.
              The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
              89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Do you have high beams?
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

[1] Fusible link
                  [2] Combination switch
                  [3] Ground wire
                  [4] Lamp connectors are they secure? (corrosion)
                  [5] Wire diagram shows red/black and red/blue.
                  [6] Wire diagram does not show relay's

Is the high beam warning light working? if so you should have 12v at lamp connectors
                  "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

No high or low beams.

Comment

Have you tried replacing the bulbs? If you have power but no light I would suspect the bulbs are blown.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Have you used an electric arc welder to repair the body? then as horseplay has said "Check the lamps".

The fault with my head lights WAS the fusible link (corrosion)
                        "all I ask is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy":simon:

Comment

Working...
                        X