No announcement yet.

Wow first for me... antifreeze barf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow first for me... antifreeze barf...

That's best way to put it a antifreeze barf.. it's look like I have antifreeze around about every way coolant comes in and out of the block (exception might be the heater hoses and small hoses) even the water pump. Well I started my car and let in run for 10 minutes well my relief was late so I shut it off. Maybe 10 minutes later I went out to restart it and go home but the fan was running ... again... and it wouldn't start. Of course naturally I popped the hood and coolant was everywhere, I religiously check my cars every couple days so it hasn't been like that long. Had to pull the fuse to keep the fan from running and get the car to start, but after I reinstalled the fuse didn't run. The coolant is good down to -25. It's almost like the coolant magically got fuller. The antifreeze didn't look oily and oil even though it's a quart low (it didn't like the 5w20/10w30 mix) didn't look milky. The only thing I can think of is the overflow bottle hose froze or clogged. On a side note the water pump sqawked once, normally only does it in a hard rain, when I turned on my emergency blinkers only the left side worked for about 15sec. and on the way home the dash lights plusated. What a great night I've had, now if it wasn't the coldest night of the year I might laugh a little.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Coolant

Sounds like your pressure cap might be bad. I had this happen a few years back, acts like overheating and boils over like crazy. Replace the cap, it can't hurt.

John
    John
    92 Festiva 5 Speed, (My fifth Festiva).
    Project MPG

Comment

I wondered about that. I tested the cap about 2 years and it tested good. And I can take the plug out at the bottom of the radiator and nothing will come out until I open the cap. Alot of the coolant was on the radiator though. Seeing that it's 14yrs old I guess I can replace it cheap enough.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
      X