Dash vents mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash vents mystery

For some reason the dash heater vents in my 91 festiva only blow cold air. the defrost and floor settings blow nice hot air but as soon as i switch it to the dash it just blows out whatever temperature the air is outside. what could be causing this? it's done it ever since i got the car, i've just been running floor and de frost settings but now i'm kinda wondering what's going on with it.
    A nice car is like another mans woman, you can look but do not touch!

91 civic h/b built and boosted a6/z6 and wagovan real time 4wd conversion
    68 plymouth barracuda fast back 4spd (summer car)
    91 L (RIP)
    65 plymouth sport fury 2dr convertible 440 (SOLD)
    63 plymouth valiant 2 dr sedan (SOLD)
    93 dodge dakota 5.2L 4x4 (SOLD)
    86 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 with 4inch lift (SOLD)

AND I WISH I STILL HAD THEM ALL!

Every new festiva owner notices this. Its a 90's car with 60's heater technology. Thats the way they are.

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

hahaha ok so no easy fix?
      A nice car is like another mans woman, you can look but do not touch!

91 civic h/b built and boosted a6/z6 and wagovan real time 4wd conversion
      68 plymouth barracuda fast back 4spd (summer car)
      91 L (RIP)
      65 plymouth sport fury 2dr convertible 440 (SOLD)
      63 plymouth valiant 2 dr sedan (SOLD)
      93 dodge dakota 5.2L 4x4 (SOLD)
      86 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 with 4inch lift (SOLD)

AND I WISH I STILL HAD THEM ALL!

Comment

Confuscious say: "Wise man search for answers, before asking question..."

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

need any more?
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          Confuscious say: "Wise man search for answers, before asking question..."
          Oh that would be WWAAAAYYYY too easy :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

There is no fix. I have tried to rig it up so heat would come out of them and cant find a way of doing it.
            IF you never succed at what you are trying to do then maybe failur is your style

Comment

Just buy a saspce heater that plugs into your cigarette lighter.
              Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
                Just buy a saspce heater that plugs into your cigarette lighter.
                This is strictly my opinion. I don't like to run additional accessories thru my cigarette lighter. Reason being, if you have a wiring problem, you could have a melting wireloom nightmare. I recommend adding a fused socket from the battery. Lower risk of problems.
                ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                #2 .....Cheesehead
                #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                #4 .....Montana Project
                SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                Bought her back for $450
                Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

those space heaters do not work anyway.....if the car has working heat then the defrost and floor vents are MORE then sufficient to heat the car.
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^^x2 it gets pretty toasty in my festy with just the floor heat on

Comment

Yea, the heater in my 93 works pretty good although it takes about 15 miles for the car to heat up!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzy16 View Post
                        For some reason the dash heater vents in my 91 festiva only blow cold air. the defrost and floor settings blow nice hot air but as soon as i switch it to the dash it just blows out whatever temperature the air is outside. what could be causing this? it's done it ever since i got the car, i've just been running floor and de frost settings but now i'm kinda wondering what's going on with it.
                        Yep, I went thru this wild goose chase recently when I bought my first Festiva
                        ('90) with 49K miles, yellow that I bought from the estate of a friend. He was 93 years old and owned the car since new. Got it from his daughter for $400.

Then a friend from Georgia told me that the dash vents don't put out any heat.
                        DUH!
                        I was working on the haet because the heat sensor for the gauge went bad on my way over to Raleigh for the Festiva rally in October.

So far I have replaced the thermostat, the radiator fan relay and I have the gauge relay but can't get to threlay for it, need a long #10 socket.

Good luck with your future adventures in the Festiva world.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X