Radiator fan.. need your guys help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator fan.. need your guys help

I've replaced the fan temp sensor 3 times now and the relay. The relay for this system is a black and yellow relay on the drivers side correct?? Here's the story behind it. If you start it up cold the fan won't run and it'll start right up. Now if you shut it off and don't allow it to go completely cold the fan will kick on and it won't restart, unless you pull the fuse. I took that relay off and it still ran so I guess I'm wrong on the relay. All of the temp sensors read the same with a ohm meter cold, zero. I'm stuck on this one. Anything else I should try??
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

personaly i didnt bother with all that. i just spliced into the wires and put it on a good switch. that way YOU control when it goes on and off...with a cooler thermostat in it you shouldnt have to use it hardly at all...it gets around 100* nearly all summer here and i only had to use it a couple of times this past summer in long drive thru lines.
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

I've thought about that, but a particular female drives it whenver I don't. She hardly looks at the speedo let alone any of the other gauges. I may have to resort to that option, I don't remember my fan ever coming on last summer at all and I have a extra defrost switch. I'll have to discuss it with the boss.. I imagine a few married guys can relate to this post. :lol:
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

cooling fan

my 91 festiva cooling fan runs all of the time when the moter is running and my 1993 fan comes on when the temp gauge goes 1/4 up then turns on the fan. i have a mixed bag of nuts. by the way can someone upload a photo of the fan relay.

Comment

Working...
        X