X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP me identify these two wires!

1992 L 5spd with A/C. On the connectors from the ignition switch on
    steering column, white connector with four contacts. Center of ignition
    switch an all black wire and a all red wire to the white connector. From the same
    connector an all green wire and a red wire with yellow stripe that are loose
    ended, appear to have been solder to some contact point. Any help to
    identify appreciated. THANKS
    Last edited by FESTUSIVA; 02-04-2010, 01:51 PM. Reason: clarify color of wires.

your going to have to take a pic or describe wires better such as blk/red ; blk being the dominent color and red the trace line color
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

edited the wire color description. will try to get picture, ignition switch is at
      locksmiths today so will post photo when I get it back. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

The diagram I have, (Haynes manual) has a Red/Yellow that is listed as not connected.
        The only green that I've found so far, comes out of the PCM/ECA and is one of the AC wires. Ref page 12-22 in the Haynes manual.
        The only other Red/Yellow I've found is on page 12-36 from Parking lamp relay to Ignition switch
        Last edited by Team Lightning; 02-04-2010, 02:04 PM.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Hey FESTUSIVA. Welcome to the site
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Ya, like eurotiva says, Welcome to the site.
            I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

On 2/04/10 I posted an inquiry about two loose wire under the dash
              but didn't have pictures and gave a very poor description. Since have
              been able to do better and wonder if anyone can HELP! THANKS!

Have reposted with a picture diagram of wires in question. If you have time please
              take a look. Thanks!

Comment

Im pretty sure they go to the clutch switch that lets voltage go to the S terminal on the starter solenoid, i bypassed mine for my remote start and im almost positive those were the colors of the wires
                It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
                90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
                89 LX auto- sold to a friend
                89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
                99 Jeep Cherokee SE
                07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
                07 GSX-R 600 K7

Comment

hi guys new to the site with the exact same question. just wondering if anyone has come up with a definite answer yet? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUSIVA View Post
                    edited the wire color description. will try to get picture, ignition switch is at
                    locksmiths today so will post photo when I get it back. Thanks for the reply!
                    Welcome! Is there a specific problem your car is having, related to this wire question?
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

well yes actually! Starting at the beginning - the car (1991 FI 4spd 200,000 miles) is my fathers car which he drove daily approx 80 round trip miles for two years. It has been a great car until one day, it wouldnt start. the problem continued intermittenly for over a week until he was forced to take it to a garage. they found nothing wrong of course, but the problem remains. the car sat for 6 months until i decided to tackle the problem myself. now, i was not knowledgeable on festivas until this site. ive narrowed it down to what i believe to be an ignition switch problem. wiggling and jiggling the key causes the dash lights and door buzzer to come on but briefly and intermittenly. i took the switch apart and found it badly corroded and worn. i cleaned it but it only improved it slightly. the car used to crank without starting but now it wont even crank. i found two wires that appear to have been sodered to something inside the plastic housing somewhere but i cannoy find where. diagnostics on the switch (as described in haynes manual) show the switch is indeed bad. all circuits are open at all times. im at a standstill here but believe the fuel pump not being activated was the root of the problem however i cannot diagnose it further until the switch is fixed. any diagrams of the wiring? im not afraid to do a toggle and push button setup but would rather have a factory switch reinstalled. any input at all guys? help!

Comment

i know where thse wires go i have a 1991 hareness in the garage will post pic tomorrow
                        FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

at one point I had the 92 electrical service manual in pdf format posted online for download, I don't know if anyone still has it but if they emailed it to you or something you could probably figure stuff out
                          1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                          1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                          1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                          1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                          X