Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Mounts

I need a front motor mount on the driver side for a 1989 Festiva LX wth AUTOMATIC transmission. I understand they are not available as a new part, except for the ones to fit a MANUAL transmission. Could someone please tell me where I could find one as the local yards don't have any Festivas....and does anyone know the difference between the motor mounts for the MANUAL and AUTOMATIC transmissions.......and can I maybe modify a MANUAL one? Thanks
    CABGx3

Welcome to the forum! Let us know where you are. There may be members close to you that can help you out. You can put your location in your profile.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

The mounts are the same for manual and automatics.
      IF you never succed at what you are trying to do then maybe failur is your style

Comment

^no they are not, even ask festiva_fred lol
        -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
          Welcome to the forum! Let us know where you are. There may be members close to you that can help you out. You can put your location in your profile.
          Thanks........I'm in St. Petersburg, Florida

CABGx3

Comment

Originally posted by heavyhauler_joe View Post
            The mounts are the same for manual and automatics.
            Maybe so, but everywhere I check they say the rear Transmission mount is the same for both but the front motor mount is different for Manual and Automatic cars..........The Manual ones are available on ebay but nobody has the front one for the Automatic (Obsolete at Ford)........except I did find one today at GreenSalesCompany.com for $70 (arrives Wednesday).......lots more than I wanted to pay, but what the heck.....need the part and haven't even been able to find a used one to date.

CABGx3

Comment

Working...
            X