Stabilizer Bar diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilizer Bar diameter

Does anyone know the diameter of the Stabilizer Bar on a 1989 Festiva LX?
    Tks
    CABGx3

Don't you have one?
    Oscar

Comment

The one off my 92 is:

22.16 mm
      or
      0.870 in

nominal would be 7/8" I believe

I think it would be the same in an older festy unless someone proves me wrong.
      91' "Maztiva" my $400 Festy, with 96 B6DE/F25MR MX-3, and Aspire swap
      96' Exploder
      72' dodge Tradesman 200 "The Van"
      96' MX-3 - donor
      91' Festiva - parts

Comment

Same for all years. Aspires have a thicker one.
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Then-- Does an Aspire one fit a Festiva?
          186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
          1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
          1992 aqua L (agua)
          1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Yes aspire bar works on festiva just have to have the rubbers that go to the frame at the front of the car. Fred has one installed on his green car.

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
              Yes aspire bar works on festiva just have to have the rubbers that go to the frame at the front of the car. Fred has one installed on his green car.
              Heres the how-to I wrote. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25023
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by burningsno View Post
                The one off my 92 is:

22.16 mm
                or
                0.870 in

nominal would be 7/8" I believe

I think it would be the same in an older festy unless someone proves me wrong.
                Many thanks.........I measured the circumference of mine at roughly 2.75 inches and did the math and came up with .87535". But I have to buy new bushings and wanted to know what the "official" size was supposed to be......I could have easily been a millimeter or so off. Anyway, now I know.
                Thanks again,
                CABGx3

Comment

no problem.

The aspire one is 1.105" - pretty rusty
                  nominal 1-1/8"

in case you wanted to know
                  96' Exploder
                  96' MX-3 - donor
                  91' Festiva - parts

Comment

Put an Aspire bar in my Festiva and was amazed by the improvement. Hey burning sno, are you coming to Westiva 2010?
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

westiva 2010

I would like to make a trip out there, I really like camping a lot and i wouldn't mind seeing some of those turbo bp and b6's. The only problem is that the 9th of July is the start of Craven country jambo, and Ive had tickets since last year craven. They were like 200 a ticket and I just can't pass up craven lol. Maybe if there is another meet sometime.
                      96' Exploder
                      96' MX-3 - donor
                      91' Festiva - parts

Comment

I just cleaned the corrosion scale off my (93 L) stabilizer bar where it goes into the control arm bushings and saw it has necked down from original diameter about 12% or from 0.650" to 0.575". Should I run it? What are my chances of finding a bar that is any better? If I do run it, I will build it up with JB Weld for bushing fit. It is only bad under the first bushing (on each side). I am only worried about it failing in tension (like if I rammed a high curb head-on) but have never heard of such an accident with a Festiva. Anyway, guess I'll put it together for now and just keep an eye out for a better bar.
                        Little Red Car

Comment

Working...
                        X