Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic distributor "that occupies the Ford Festiva 1989?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic distributor "that occupies the Ford Festiva 1989?

ah hello all
    I have a 1989 Ford Festiva, 4 speed, is to take you to the mechanic and I got the surprise that the dealer who is not original, it grafts, to tell them that occupies platinum and condenser ...

types of deals that originally the car dealer?
    that management alternatives? example
    mazda, kia ....
    but they are electronic
    Last edited by monasterio_drums; 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM.

¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿
    help me!

Comment

first welcome to the forum

and may i suggest going to your user CP and put where you are from, so if possible someone local can help you

I am the original

Comment

the distributor you seek comes only on the 1988 - 1989 carburetor models and not the common fuel injected models

it is possible that the older Mazda 323's that are carb'd has the same distributor

I am the original

Comment

There are many people here that speak different languages. If you use your native language to describe the problem in more detail, you may get more / different advise. Welcome to FF.com.
          The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
          89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicaldj View Post
            the distributor you seek comes only on the 1988 - 1989 carburetor models and not the common fuel injected models

it is possible that the older Mazda 323's that are carb'd has the same distributor

hi
            first of all, thanks for responding, I can tell I'm from chile thanks ah .. but online translators I try to talk to you, chile basil in the Ford Festiva are very few .... if I consider myself a lucky instead what we see are the kia pop much .....

according to what you're saying, the ford festiva year 1989, does not use electronic distributor ?????

in advance thank you very much!

pd: sorry for my bad English proficiency ......

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
              There are many people here that speak different languages. If you use your native language to describe the problem in more detail, you may get more / different advise. Welcome to FF.com.
              hi!
              you're absolutely right, but my native language is Spanish if someone speaks .......
              only tell ....

Comment

the '89 Festiva has an electronic distributor in the sense that the paltimum points have been replaced by transistorized points, called the Ignition Control Module (ICM), a small black plastic box with a metal base. If you take off the top of the distributor you can see it. For some information on the ICM look in www.ag384bn.bravehost.com/Cars.htm
                Good luck.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                X